There would some point in one’s life where you will become a parent/ employee/ boss/ caregiver/ teacher/ accountant/ marketer and more, all at the same time. You have to deal with all these tasks and responsibilities all at once and it will become a struggle when you can’t balance the different areas of your life.
This is where compartmentalisation comes handy. It’s a “divide and conquer” process that allows us to wear multiple hats in a day to tackle and finish different responsibilities and tasks.
Compartmentatlization involves the following steps:
- Categorizing the different aspects of your life.
- List down all the tasks involved in every aspect.
- Set a time limit to focus on one aspect.
- Finish tasks in small, regular steps.
- Once you see some progress, move to the next aspect.
Organize the different aspects of your life. Home, work, hobbies, parents, redecoration, think of the different parts of your life that you tackle regularly. Create a tab for each in Daily Notes and label them accordingly, eg. blue tab for WORK, green tab for PERSONAL, purple tab for PERSONAL, etc.